Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pilot Post

Today I created this blog for my Elementary Japanese B class, where I will be posting updates regarding my progress in the language, interesting things I learn, and experimenting with the language of Japanese. 

Though I only formally began learning Japanese last semester in the Elementary A class, my first forays were throughout high school. With either friends or teachers in informal setting I would ask questions about how to say and understand various things. I tried to get an ear for the language, and yes, I did watch some Anime as I did all this. But these small steps were not enough, as I never got to fully immerse myself, go through a proper course, or understand the correct order in which I should have learned things. I tried following an online course outline once, but I found it hard to discipline myself with a study structure and plan. I am happy to have finally registered for an official course, as this level of rigor and speed in learning was not ever available to me before. I hope it will turn out well!

じゃ、また

シュレイ


2 comments:

  1. Dear Rikako-san,

    Thank you for your comment! I am happy to hear from you, and look forward to communicating with you. I am also a junior, studying Economics. I have been studying in New York for two years, having previously come from the Philippines. Even though you seem to like the cold, I am not used to it as it was always warm where I lived. I hope you get to go to Mt Fuji soon, even though it's probably too difficult for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    My name is Akari Ito. I’m from Hiroshima, Japan. I’m 18 years old.
    My hobby is listening to music and my favorite singer is Taylor Swift. I really like her beautiful voice and her song, and also I thing she is very cute!!
    What is your hobby? Who is your favorite singer?
    I went to America in this summer to study abroad. It was so fun!!!! Everyone in America was very kind and nice. Especially my host family was so nice. I do want to go there and see them again.

    こんにちは。わたしのなまえはあかりです。18さいです。
    わたしはテイラースウィフトがだいすきです。あなたのすきなかしゅはだれですか?

    ReplyDelete